Tuesday, September 29, 2009

“Unfortunate Realities”

It’s breathtaking right? Almost picture perfect, definitely post card material. Being able to stand there and take this snapshot was surreal, but I couldn’t get it out of my head. That thought. The same thought I got when I went to Paris and saw the Mona Lisa at the Louvre, when I went to Washington D.C. and saw the White House. That thought. The thought in my head saying, “Seriously, that’s it? It’s that small?” It’s just as bad as when I went to a live taping of a talk show like Jay Leno and was part of the audience, and in all that excitement all I could thing about was the size of the room. “Why does it look so much bigger on TV!”

Oh, the realities of life.... such a disappointment. Or maybe it’s because we have such high expectations or formulate our own images of what these monuments look like before we actually visit them? Why do we do that, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment