

What a way to spend the first week into the New Year, 2010: in Paris! As I stepped off the train at Gare Du Nord station I was greeted by the winter breeze as snowflakes trickled down my face, and in the background were taxi’s awaiting and French people yelling and running around…it was perfect. I decided to spend 6 days there on my own mini-getaway trip to get a change of pace, a change of air, a change of culture and a break from routine. Paris is one of my favorite cities, and having been there plenty of times since the age of 11 I know the city quite well- the underground, its bus system, the streets and the “it places”. Quite frankly, Paris is my playground- there’s never a minute of boredom whilst hopping from one metro line to another, moving from streets to streets, sitting at a typical French café (outside) and watching the people pass you by speaking in the ever-so-beautiful French language. There’s nothing better than walking in the snow and grabbing a warm chocolate crepe, freshly made in front of you, to continue your adventures out in the cold. And let's not even begin to talk about the beautiful lights that soar the sky from the Tour Eiffel and hanging lights on trees that map out the long pathway on the Champs-Élysées, and in the distance to one side is a ferris wheel and to the other, L'arc Du Triomphe! I thoroughly enjoyed embracing every minute of the city: it's cuisine, it's art, architecture and culture. Looking forward to my next visit to be a Parisienne for a week or so.

No comments:
Post a Comment