Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thought of the day

People try too damn hard to be someone they're not. It's quite sad. Do they think they are that "uncool" (for lack of a better word) that they have to go on pretending to be "cool" to impress everyone?
Why do people try to impress others anyway? Sick society. Very sick. I applaud those who have learned how to burst the bubble and just be themselves.
Who wants to surround themselves with pretentious people, anyways?
What's the fascination with luxurious items that will be out of fashion the next year or destroyed a couple years later?
This idea that Money buys Class... it doesn't. At all. And I could write a book about this topic because unfortunately I was surrounded by these types of people for a very long time. Ugh. I just want to shake them and say "what the hell is wrong with you" but I know that won't get me anywhere... sad, sad, sad.
I wonder what it is? is it their inherent nature? their society- well it can't be that 'cause I grew up in the same one. Scratch that. Hmmm...still boggles my mind and cannot stand fake, materialistic people. It's jut not a way to live either.

No comments:

Post a Comment