
I took this picture from the PostSecret blog. It reminded me of how sad it is that most people would choose the first 3 goals over the last one. It reminds me that most people are selfish and want to leave the world by being immortal through their own successes and self-achievement: making lots of money, impressing people with superficial things and having people look up to them.
If I could take something with me before I die, it would be to help more than I've hurt. Being rich or famous isn't half as rewarding than saving a life or giving joy to people who thought they would never feel that way.
We've all hurt people whether intentionally or accidently- we're human. It's normal. But it's all about the actions that come afterwards, it's never too late to help people...

How about just "live your life"
ReplyDeleteWe tend to forget that with these different goals.
Agreed. Totally. As opposed to merely existing. Actually Living.
ReplyDelete