Thursday, May 20, 2010

Do you believe in hallucinations, silly dreams or imaginations?

I am in Love. She captivated me with her imperfections; with her dirty outer appearance but inner beauty, New York you are a dream come true. Your raw features are what make you such an enticing city. You make my heart want to implode from the excitement you bring me. It’s like you’re electric and the electricity pulsates through my skin; making me feel young, alive and vibrant. I don't want a bite, I wan't a chunk out of the Big Apple. The city that, seriously, never sleeps!

It's not the first time that we've come together; I've visited many times before but never really enjoyed the city. Something different happened this time. I found a life, I envisioned myself here in the near future and saw something good out of it. I saw something that made sense. The daily interaction with other people is unexplainable and somewhat addictive. I could roam around Manhattan for hours on end and not feel the need to "take a break". Press play on the iPod and go, this is the life.

It's a sophisticated city; known for it's "fine dining" and is populated with intellectual people from all different backgrounds. It's interesting and intrigues me. Even though short-lived, my trip to New York was surreal and definitely felt like a dream and I will forever admire the city that I may one day have the courage to live in. It is New York's hidden power that intimidates me- it's ability to change people's hearts and make them fall in love with her. For now, I enjoy flirting with New York; the future might bring commitment.

1 comment:

  1. Go girl! you need to commit, so your friends can have an affair with her from time to time...of course we wouldn't tell you, but I guess at this point you notice that she is kind of an enchanting-slutty-seasoned woman :)

    ReplyDelete