Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"Vermin's"

I'm not the type of person who burns bridges but over the years I have definitely learned when to walk away from a relationship that has become too toxic. One that has become a relationship based on competition or jealousy and it truthfully just sucks the life right out of you. You can no longer live life and enjoy it because you become consumed with dealing with a problem that your friend has. I am a good person, and moreover I am a good friend and also a pushover. Yes, I have let many people walk all over me and I sacrficed my happiness and the things I wanted just for other's to be happy. It sucks. And the worst part is that I knew I was being stepped on but couldn't really do anything about it. People would make me feel guilty about things that I shouldn't feel guilty for, like being in Love and being happy, or like doing what it is I really want to do in life. Why do people do that? Surely it's not because they are "looking out for your best interest"....oh no... it's that they are looking out for their best interest.

Anyway, over the years (when you're supposed to be growing older and wiser) I decided to put my foot on the ground and really go after what it is I wanted- thinking that my friends would support me and be happy of my decisions, of course I was wrong! Ha! Friends...what the hell does that mean today anyway? While many look at it as though I have lost my closest friends I look at it as a way of growing older and growing apart- people have different ambitions, different dreams and certainly most want to live past their high school/college years. I have no grudges because I genuinely don't care. While they continue to speak about me and people judge me, I cross those people out of my friends list too. My theory: if you know me, you know what I'm like and you're capable of making up your own mind about me; if you are a follower of the gossip, then you surely aren't my friend. Oh, and I really wouldn't care to judge you either because life to me is not about placing tabs on other people and tracking their every move and knowing all about the intrinsic details of their lives. No. It's about molding my own life and having the freedom to travel the world and experience new things and have fun.

2 comments:

  1. I just started reading your blog today(& I must say that I read it all already!)

    This is a great post! I hate gossip! Absolutely HATE it! It has affected my life (negatively) in so many ways! I wish people would just follow your theory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :)
    agreed. gossip spreads faster than a virus!
    what can i say? some people really have nothing better to do with their lives? :)

    ReplyDelete